Thursday 26 December 2013

A Dying Wish - A true story of a mum suffering from terminal cancer wanting a last wish

It has taken me over a year to talk about this, It has actually been my son Ryan of 15 who empowered me to tell the world this story as he believes this will motivate more people to inspire and help others around the world especially at this time of the year................. In fact during a night out where my customer Fed Ex International, a senior executive discussed this precious magic moment over dinner with my friends, I had never told this story and at the time he told this story, I thought to myself, when did I do this, but it came rushing back to me, so much so I could feel my heart beat very fast...........

It made me realise how often I help people and how I have spent last 30 years doing this for a living, but it took me some time to recollect the story because I am consistently looking at who is next rather than reflecting on who I have helped in my life...... I could honestly write a book about ll the magic moments I have had but when they are done they are archived within my mind instantly, this one is special though..........



It was a normal day in the Fed Ex station, I was working with the Fed Ex business and at the end of  the day I walked by an internal office occupied by senior executives and heard tonality of voices that were down, long drawn out as if something sad had happened, as people left the room with heads bowed I entered and asked the Senior executive, "what's up"? He looked at me and said " Stevie we have someone who is close to us, who is dying of cancer and the last wish they have, is to be married and have all the the trimmings, but we have landed short as we have no one who will pay for honeymoon, which is the last piece of the jigsaw" He carried on " This person has children but has weeks to live, all they want is to be married and celebrate the love for one another as a family" I instantly said without even thinking " I will pay for honeymoon, leave it with me please" I could feel my heart pounding, I instantly felt as if I had entered the whole family and the woman who had this terminal disease and felt every single persons emotions, I remember leaving the station and going into my car and crying uncontrollably, but quickly wiped away the tears, looked in the mirror and said "Listen this is what you do, for many years you have helped people, now make this happen for this family and get a grip right now"


I approached a few hotels in the city but when they understood the circumstances they declined as close care would be required as woman was on oxygen and wheel chair, but then I called the Marriott hotel in Glasgow and spoke with general manager in detail of all requirements, I explained the circumstances and I said we have to have best view of Glasgow to allow the family to look across all 360 views of Glasgow, it has to be room or rooms on top of the hotel, he agreed and said we will take care of everything stevie, they did more than I asked, rose petals on the bed, champagne on ice, someone at hand 24/7 to assist with everything, from moment limousine turned up after the wedding to point of leaving they were waited on hand and foot, the Marriott took care of everything. I was told it was an amazing 3 days of the families lives. I say this because I never met the family, I have never met any of the family to this very day, that was not my reason for doing this gesture, it was simply because "I can" In fact it saddens me this Christmas thinking of the family celebrating Christmas without a wife , and auntie, sister or a Mum.

I remember the very day driving over Kingston Bridge and staring at the hotel from the  Kingston bridge and saying to my family, something very  very special is happening in that hotel just now, my family asked me "what is happening"?. but I never let them know, as I felt telling them then the magic would disappear in why I did what I did, it has taken me over a year to talk about it but each day I spared a silent moment for myself to think about that day I walked past an office where I had a choice to walk by, or walk into a room and say I will help?


A few weeks later I took a call, it was where time stopped, the senior executive said "Stevie what you did for that family was unbelievable but it saddens me to tell you the lady passed away today, the family would like to thank you from the bottom of all their hearts, they said the days spent on honeymoon where simply magical" I remember putting the phone down and crying like I have never cried before. I also realised this day that since a young age, possibly as far back as 12, I made a commitment that helping people brought me alive within me, spreading unconditional love brought you a feeling that words cannot explain, its hard to explain but going into 2014 I have lost count of amount of people I have helped, I simply do not count, as its just a part of who I am, and have been for many years. I care because of my love for people folks.


 I believe this story has come back to me for a reason and today me and my son on way to his Nana s, I shared this full story with my son Ryan, chapter and verse, as we got to Nana's, Ryan said " Dad you are incredible and amazing and your my Dad"

All we need is to be unconditionally loved, we all simply cry out to be loved and know we are enough, please share this as I believe and so does Ryan, this blog will change hearts and minds, so no matter where you are in the world, hit the button and share it has taken me over a year to bring it back from my unconscious.......... It was worth the weight in gold, I am going to write a book called my magic moments,

www.steviekidd.co.uk
stevie@steviekidd.co.uk








No comments:

Post a Comment