Monday 2 December 2013

Stevie Kidd - Non - Executive Director - The secret of a successful business?

Stevie Kidd - Non Executive Director - The secret of a successful business?


It's assumed by many small business owners that a Non Executive Director are the things of big businesses or major corporations, but where companies I partner and support,  I can help a business gain experience, knowledge, contacts and ideas as well as constructive criticism and challenge - all of which cannot fail to be of value to a company regardless of its size.
So...what are the benefits of using Stevie Kidd as a NON EXECUTIVE?


Stevie Kidd 

A senior executive - with a proven track record in retail operations, as an MD delivering government programmes and working with and as a member of boards, across a spectrum of financial services, retail and consumer services, I work closely with organisations to deliver the appropriate and respectful level of challenge - whether this is towards more radical business change, diversification and growth or more incremental business performance improvement. At Boots Alliance this was successful post-integration, at City Bank an executive development programme, at a hotel group I led a financial rescue and with the Scottish Investment Authority a programme to bring graduates into financial services.I combine conventional best practice with leadership methods to stimulate innovation and entrepreneurship to build the momentum for exceptional results. Today I have a portfolio of non executive and advisory roles including on the board of one of Sir Alex Ferguson's charities where I have introduced a youth innovation programme.

 Got the t-shirt

I can fill a gap in a business owner's experience or can add industry knowledge of a specific sector the business is targeting. Whatever the reason for the partnership I am very experienced in business and understanding all people within a business,with a respected background over many years across many sectors, I have personally helped a number of businesses find their feet, grow or survive tough times. In the event I am in businesses and do not have the answers or knowledge, I will know someone who has the answer. 

Thinking outside the box
I do not work with a business full-time and won't be concerned with day-to-day issues but will instead look at the bigger picture. What is the direction of the business? What is the innovation? What is the tomorrow agenda? Are targets being met? How we measuring the business? What environmental changes might affect the business? Which competitors to watch out for and what are the plans to keep ahead? Who is the customer? What is strategy and vision of business? Do we have right people in right jobs? Are we ahead of business plan?
I always make myself available 24/7 for my customers, my objective is the observer role, the role of working on the business with the leaders/Board and not in the business.
My role is not about me working with the business day to day, I do not engage in office politics, I retain myself to independence. In addition, I will have witnessed many changes sweep over the business sector in the past. All of these factors mean I will have the ability to advise with confidence and make unbiased decisions in the interests of the business.



Connections that count

A successful business is a connected one and a great way of making connections is through networking. However, for a business it can be time consuming and can often prove difficult to build a trusted network of contacts.My involvement in partnering a business, can offer an address book of relevant contacts to go along with their own experience.  This could be suppliers, distributors or potential customers to help boost business or a marketing guru or potential partner to add a new dimension to your business.My strategy all my business career is built through relationships and modelling excellence. Who gets the results we want and what is beyond that place of success? What is success to you?

Inspires and supports leadership of the management team/Board, keeping us all on correct path with no emotions.
Many boards become the victims of bad habits; missed agenda items, conversations being side tracked, and opinions being discounted. My role will not only help to keep things on track but can help alleviate tensions and 'put out fires'. Time is important for businesses and meetings need to be specific and to the point.
In fact I can round off a board by not only providing experience and knowledge that other directors may not have, but by being able to take a more objective view of issues affecting the business and offering a wider sense of the possibilities for growth. Bringing creativity, innovation, a healthy tomorrow agenda, challenge, KPIs, visionary Leadership, accelerate growth, sustainable timeline for growth or potential sale.


Conclusion and evidence of recent case studies
Its always about creating that better tomorrow, a sustained business that is fit for that tomorrow agenda. A strategy and vision for the tomorrow agenda. empowering your business and people to align as one team and one vision. Building a business plan and vision,empowering your people to see the vision but understand own personal vision, align that to understanding your customer, your on your way to a fulfilled journey and place of work.
The cost model of acquiring Stevie Kidd as a NON Executive
 Its a simple one, companies partner me from 1  to 4 days a month over a timeline, I partner 6 companies per year and cost  ranges from £8k to £15k per annum plus expenses depending on days required. Measure your growth opportunity against your investment. I am very motivated and inspired by watching the companies achieve strategy and vision, its that simple, its very fulfilling my job and enlightening. Everything I do is about making a difference.
When we enter into a partnership, we empty the pieces of jigsaw puzzle out onto the table and we put pieces of jigsaw back together, at end of process we discover if we have correct pieces to create the new picture on front of box. So partnering me we enhance the picture on front of the box and ensure we have correct pieces to build this picture. Creating a vision that becomes the reality of the world you want to really create.
Want to find out more about first step to potential partnership that will excel your growth? Visit www.steviekidd.co.uk or simply make a call now ; 07780333627

No comments:

Post a Comment